27.04.2023 | 10.00 - 13.30 Uhr
- in co-operation with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and the Institute for Law and Finance (ILF)
Are Digital Assets the Future of Financial Market Infrastructure?
The forum will feature industry leaders, legislators and experts discussing the opportunities and challenges of digital assets as part of the financial market infrastructure as digital assets are becoming increasingly relevant in various financial services, including trading, custody, collateral and liquidity management, fund administration, and payments. The adoption of the Markets in Cryptoassets Regulation (MiCA) and the DLT Pilot Regime aims to support the potential of digital finance, while the evolving regulatory environment raises important implications for actors in the value chain of financial market infrastructure. The 4th Digital Financial Services Forum will discuss the impact of digital asset solutions on existing financial markets infrastructure, the legal implications associated with the move to digitisation of financial markets infrastructure and the future roles of different market participants and infrastructure providers.
The following speakers and panellists have already kindly confirmed their attendance:
- Heiko Beck, Chairman/Sascha Dölker, Head of Digitization Management, Deutsche WertpapierService Bank AG
- Volker Brühl, Professor for Banking and Finance, Managing Director, Center for Financial Studies
- Ines Cieslok, Global Legal Head of Recovery & Resolution, State Street Corporation
- Ivan Keller, Policy Officer at DG FISMA, European Commission
- Abeetha Pitigala, Global Banking & Markets, Digital Assets, Goldman Sachs International
- Markus Benzing, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Moderation: Alicia Hildner, Marius Raetz, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
The conference will take place virtually and is free of charge.